Todd County Courthouse
The renovation of the Todd County Court House has been completed and was re-opened with pomp on July 3, 2012. You can see pictures and a description of the grand re-opening ceremony in this post.
- 1883 Todd County Courthouse is built
- 1920 WWI Memorial and two cannons are dedicated
(Cannons were later melted down for the new war effort)
- 1938 WPA completes the tunnel and stonework on the street entrance
- 1985 Added to the National Register of Historic Places
- 1996 New Todd County Court facility opens.
- 2004 County offices move off campus
- 2005 New roof and some windows replaced
(MN Historical Society grant)
- 2006 County vacates and closes the building
- 2009 County Board authorizes the funding of a study to determine the cost of restoration verses demolition.
For more information please contact us at:
Todd County Historical Society
333 Central Ave
Long Prairie, MN 56347